Article recommendations week #17 2022
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #17 2022.
Strength Training Articles
Breaking Muscle discussed Everything You Need To Know About How To Burn Fat, the basics of fat loss, how to train for it, and example training programs to accelerate fat loss.
- also check out the article Only 3 Things You Need To Know About Strength Training and Weight Loss, going into detail on how to train for weight loss.
Garage Strength looked at The Best Rep Ranges For Strength Gains, the different rep ranges, and what they do. Check it out
- Fast Muscle Growth: Specialization Made Simple, accelerate your gainz by increasing training frequency.
- The 8 Best Incline Dumbbell Bench Press Variations, different variations, and what they do for you.
- Total Metcon: 6 Workouts for Metabolic Conditioning, why you should consider metcons, and the different metcons explained. Check out the additional demonstration video
Thibarmy outlined The Pendulum Specialisation Approach: New Growth for Advanced lifters, what this approach is and detailed training plans.
Aleksey Torokhtiy discussed The Nature Of Mistakes, how to master technique, and the role of mistakes in the process of mastering technique.
Nonvec Strength listed 3 Reasons to Use an Upper/Lower Training Split, the benefits of an upper-lower split.
- How to Fix Your Stiff Back Forever. Check it out
- Get Bigger Arms Without Weights. Check it out
- 10 Most Difficult Pull-Ups. Check it out
YLM Sport Science looked at the results of the study Early Morning Larks Or Night Owls? Methods To Reduce Within-Day Athletic Performance Variation. Check it out
Calisthenicmovement demanded Stop Ego Lifting, a common problem you should stay away from. Check it out
The Bar Bend busted the myth of spot reduction in the article The Fat Loss Myth You Want To Be True: Spot Fat Reduction.
Lifting Explained reviewed training programs and concluded Jim Stoppani Provides Bad Advice. Check out the video
Tony Gentilcore outlined The Importance Of Feedback, one of the most important things in the coaching process, providing feedback.
Generation Iron discussed Are Misleading Supplement Companies Hurting Natural Bodybuilder Careers, and why natural bodybuilding isn’t always natural bodybuilding. Check it out
Elite FTS listed 4 Big Training Mistakes You’re Making, discussing technical mastery, patience, goal-setting, and the importance of a holistic approach.
Renaissance Periodization asked How Do You Respond To Missed Lifts? Missing lifts is inevitable, but how to react is a choice. Check it out
Stronger By Science looked at the research behind The Progressive Effects Of Sleep Restriction And Extension.
Bodybuilding.com presented different strategies on How To Train While Injured. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization shared
- You Must Do Cardio For Fat Loss, busting the myth of cardio and fat loss. Check it out
- Don’t Reduce Soreness, if you are interested in muscle growth. Check it out
- Bands vs Reverse Bands: Which is Best? The differences between bands and reverse bands and which one to choose. Check it out
- also check out Accommodating Resistance Training – Bands and Chains.
Bodynuilding.com outlined What Supplements Are Right For You The best supplements and how to decide which ones you need.
Jeremy Ethier asked What Happens To Your Body After Taking Creatine For 30 Days? What Creatine does, how it works, and where it goes. Check it out
The Bar Bend discussed Intuitive Eating For Strength & Physique Athletes — Everything You Need To Know, what intuitive eating is, the pros and cons and should you give it a try.
PictureFit looked at a new study and asked Does High Protein Make You Infertile. Check it out
The Athletic Build reviewed
- the Gold Standard 100% Whey by Optimum Nutrition Review, not that the product is of particular interest, but the article also provides information what to specifically look for when choosing a certain protein.
- The different forms of protein and how they can help you in the article Different Kinds of Protein Powder Explained.
Biolayne looked at the research behind Low Protein Diets May Not Help With Kidney Disease. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
The Bar Bend shared The Complete Guide To Nailing Your First Weightlifting Meet, what you need to know to prepare for your first weightlifting competition.
Garage Strength explained How To Olympic Lift For CrossFit, how to train the Olympic lifts to best perform in a Crossfit competition. Check it out
The Bar Bend asked What Is A Butt Wink Squat? And How Do You Fix It? What the butt wink is, causes for the butt wink and how to fix it.
Squat University shared Do This Everyday For A Deeper Squat, an everyday mobility routine. Check it out
Men’s Health described The Mixed-Load Bulgarian Split Squat Will Challenge Your Legs and Core, how to do it and the benefits of this variation.
Elite FTS discussed the importance of controlling the eccentric part during the decent of the Squat in the article Pro Squat Tip: Perform Eccentrics.
Jeffrey Nippard asked Is The Sumo Deadlift Cheating? The ever-presented question discussed (again). Check it out
Elite FTS released a training impression from a World Record Holder Performs Deadlift. Check it out
Squat University explained How to Romanian Deadlift (RDL) Without Back Pain, in less than a minute. Check it out