Article recommendations week #17 2021
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #17 2021.
Strength Training Articles
Men’s Health released
- The 5 Mistakes That Might Be Holding Back Your Gains, outlining the basic training variables and how to apply them correctly. Also chack out the video of Jeremy Ethier the article is based on
- How Tom Brady, LeBron James, and Other Goat Athletes Stay in Game Shape, the favorite moves of each superstar.
Jeff Nippard discussed
- How To Tell If You’re Training Hard Enough, discussing the right RPE (rate of perceived exertion) to stimulate adaptations and some practical examples. Check it out
- What Does 0 RIR Really Look Like, looking at the point of failure in different exercises. Check it out
- the criteria for an optimal training split and the top 4 workout splits in the article What’s the Best Workout Split?
- 5 Best Biceps Exercises You Don’t Do, uncommon biceps exercises.
- The Muscle Saver, how to control cortisol for more gainz.
FitnessFAQs released a 3-step guide How to Pull-Up Correctly, discussing grip-width, scapulae movement, and the arched-position vs the hollow-position. Check it out
The PTDC listed
- Common Traps (and How to Avoid Them) When Launching Your Online Personal Training Business, the common traps, and how to get out of them.
- the steps to take To Assess Clients Online, discussing simple assessments, reliable ways to measure and assess online, and real-world assessments. Check it out
Yahoo described 10 Simple Home Gym Hacks From an Expert, simple hacks which can have big effects.
Stronger by Science discussed the Best Way To Measure Fatigue, the different options to measure fatigue, and objective vs subjective measures of fatigue. Check it out
Box Rox demonstrated
- 7 Essential Back Exercises to Build Strength, Muscle and Power for CrossFit, the anatomy of the back and its’ muscles, how to effectively warm-up, and the best exercises.
- 10 Quick Sprint Workouts To Build Explosivity, different workouts outlined.
Renaissance Periodization shared Building Your First Program And How To Progress, the importance of progression, and how to apply progression to your training. Check it out
Youth Strength Training Articles
Elisabeth Oehler discussed Can Lifting Weights Actually Be Fun for Kids, how kids experience fun, and what you can do in your training to increase fun for the kids.
Elite FTS released Coaches and Parents, Pay Attention, training experiences through the lens of youth athletes.
Men’s Journal listed The 7 Best Creatine Supplements for Men to Build Muscles and Maximize Fat Burning Results, what creatine does, the latest science on creatine, and different creatine choices.
Renaissance Periodization described how to Choose High Quality Foods, looking at different food sources for the different macronutrients. Check it out
Plyometric Training Articles
Stack discussed Rotational Plyometrics for Youth and High School Sports, the benefits of rotational plyometrics, example programs, and progressions.
Olympic Lifting Articles
Catalystathletics shared 1-Minute JerkTutorial, outlining the technical key points of each phase of the Jerk. Check it out
The Bar Bend released Lasha Talakhadze Hits Heaviest Snatch And Clean & Jerk Ever, two impressive lifts from one of the most impressive Olympic weightlifters. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems listed 4 Tips to Improve The Jerk, the correct start position, the dip & drive, the correct footwork and recovery. Check it out
Aleksey Torokhtiy discussed different Clean techniques with Anton Pliesnoi, only English subtitles, but definitely really interesting discussions. Check it out
Squat University explained How To Use A Weightlifting Belt, how to brace correctly, and how to use a weightlifting belt correctly. Check it out
Eleiko explained that Deadlifts Just As Good As Traditional Physiotherapy Exercises For Back Pain, looking at research on how Deadlifts can help prevent and release back pain.
Elite FTS outlined How to Pick the Right Deadlift Variation, discussing the differences between RDL vs Stiff Leg Deadlift, and which one to chose when.
Starting Strength demonstrated Getting the Bar in the Right Spot for the Deadlift, 3 key points for a consistent Deadlift repetition. Check it out