The most interesting and valuable articles of week #16 2022.
Strength Training Articles
T-Nation listed 3 Reasons to Re-Think Training to Failure, why training to failure might not be the best idea for your gainz.
Stronger By Science discussed
- Building Muscle In A Caloric Deficit: Context Is Key, how to build muscle when you are on a calorie deficit.
- Have there been attempts to quantify the benefits associated with individualizing training? An interesting chat. Check it out
The Bar Bend outlined
- How To Do The Log Press For Massive Overhead Strength And Power, the technical execution, its’ benefits, muscular activation, and variations and alternatives.
- how to get a stronger bench in the article The 15 Best Bodyweight Chest Exercises For Benching Strength And Power.
Bodybuilding.com outlined Strengthening the Overhead Press, the importance of sufficient shoulder mobility and trunk strength. Check it out
YLM Sports Science presented the Effects Of Alternating Unilateral Vs. Bilateral Resistance Training On Performance In Trained Endurance Athletes. Check it out
Fitness FAQ’s showed the 10 Most Difficult Push-Ups. Check it out
Generation Iron asked Can You Spot Reduce Stubborn Body Fat With This Science-Backed Technique? The ever-present question of spot reduction. Check it out
Breaking Muscle described
- How To Do The Sit-Up For Stronger, More Muscular Abs, how to do the Sit-Up, the benefits, the muscular activation, and variations and alternatives.
- training considerations, nutritional interventions, and recovery strategies to become stronger in the article Learn How To Build Strength With Three Key Principles.
Juggernaut Training Systems outlined The Role of Unilateral Training in less than a minute. Check it out
Bonvec Strength discussed Autoregulation, what it is, the use of the RPE (rate of perceived exertion) and RIR (reps in reserve) to autoregulate your training.
Elite FTS shared
- Why Should You Be Using Thick Bars & Bands, the benefits of thick bars and bands, and how to best use them. Check it out
- The Best Advice Louie Simmons ever Gave Dave Tate. Check it out
- The Secret Benefit of the Dynamic Effort Method, what the Dynamic Effort Method is and what it does for you. Check it out
Lift Big Eat Big listed The Best Hamstring Exercises For Beginners, the anatomy and function of the hamstrings, the best exercises and training program considerations.
Power Athlete demonstrated how to Push The Limits Of The Overhead Press. Check it out
The Strength Sensei explained
- Why You Don’t Need To Fear Dips! The benefits of one of the best upper body exercises.
- why the book ‘High-Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer Way‘ is on his bookshelf, Mike Mentzer has certainly challenged some long-held beliefs with his training theory.
Renaissance Periodization outlined
- Use Your Mind-Muscle Connection For Better Growth, what the mind-muscle connection is and how to use it. Check it out
- Why Unstable Training Doesn’t Work, unstable surface training is heatedly discussed in this video. Check it out
Power Athlete discussed Raw Vs Cooked Meat, what is the difference between cooked meat vs raw meat, and which is the better choice. Check it out
Generation Iron discussed The Biggest Mistake To Avoid When Using Creatine, what you need to avoid when supplementing creatine. Check it out
Biolayne discussed if Meat Will Give You Cancer, the results of a recent study, and how to interpret the results. Check it out
Speed Training Articles
Garage Strength explained
- Do This To Get Faster Sprint Speed! How to increase your sprint speed. Check it out
- The Top 5 Strength Exercises For Speed in less than a minute. Check it out
Squat University shared
- Huge Squat Mistake & How To Fix It. Check it out
- Pre-Squat Warm-Up Drill To Improve Mobility. Check it out
T-Nation listed 5 Deadlift Variations You’ve Never Even Tried, some unconventional Deadlift variations and what they can do for you. Also check out the additional explainer video
I have released
- What is Strength Training, discussing what strength is, a definition of strength, what strength training is, and an example of strength training. Check it out
- Different Types of Strength Training, discussing the different types of strength and its’ definitions, the most common types of strength training, and the concept of goal-specific strength training. Check it out
- these videos are part of the free mini-course Strength Training Made Simple, where you get all videos, presentation slides, handouts, transcripts and downloadables for free.