Article recommendations week #15 2021
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #15 2021.
Strength Training Articles
The Shredded Sports Science asked the ever-present question How Many Reps to Build Muscle? Discussing the ‘Hypertrophy Zone’, the main drivers for muscular hypertrophy, and what the science says about repetition ranges. Check it out
- a Tip: Master the Z-Press, Build Your Shoulders, the benefits of the Z-Press, common issues and how to solve them.
- 6 Things They Don’t Teach in Bench Press School, uncommon ways to improve your Bench Press.
- a Tip: A Simple Guide to Double Progression, a strategy to overcome weight plateaus.
Breaking Muscle outlined what lactate is, the lactate threshold, and how to use the talk test in the article The Talk Test And The Lactate Threshold.
Elite FTS looked
- at a common debate, should you train bilaterally or unilaterally in the article The End of the Unilateral Vs. Bilateral Debate.
- My Favorite Bar, So Far…Different bars and how they can help you.
- at 5 Quick tips for a better Overhead Press, setting the bar up, the correct grip, wrist position, and the correct bar trajectory. Check it out
FitnessFAQs listed The 10 Worst Dip Mistakes, the worst mistakes, and how to fix them. Check it out
Men’s Health discussed
- the increased importance of speed training the older you get in the article The Training You Need To Maintain Your Speed As You Age.
- the benefits of the Sumo Deadlift High Pull in the article How to Master the Sumo Deadlift High Pull for Bigger Shoulders and a Faster Fat-Burn.
Stack explained how Athletes Learn How To Concentrate To Perform Better, how to optimize concentration with the Cook’s model.
Barbell Shrugged explained How To Do Good Morning, the main technical key points, common technical flaws, and how to fix them. Check it out
Stronger By Science asked Can You Change A Muscle’s Fiber Type? Discussing muscle fiber type architecture and how much can be changed through training. Check it out
- 5 Musts to Build Unreal Strength, solid and straightforward advice to build strength.
- The 15 Most Important Training Terms You Need to Know, a mini glossary of important terms.
- possible training splits, how to carry them out, and important consideration that should precede the choice of the training split. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization shared
- Session and Exercise Selection to Building Your First program, determining the number of training sessions, choosing the muscle-group slit and assigning exercises. Check it out
- The Three Types of Training Intensity, discussing different types of technical failure, including practical demonstrations.
The Greatist asked Should You Drink Coffee Before a Workout? The benefits of coffee as a stimulant.
- Your Simple Guide to Choosing Complementary Proteins, how to combine protein sources to get a full amino acid profile.
- Meal Plans vs. Flexible Dieting for Fat Loss, the pros and cons of each approach.
Renaissance Periodization released A Guide to Mini Cuts what a mini cut is when to do them, when not to do them, common mistakes and how to fix these mistakes. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
The BoxRox listed 15 Clean Workouts for Explosive Power and Better Weightlifting Skills in CrossFit, different workouts, and what each can do for you.
Zack Telander explained why most Snatches are missed during the first pull and what you can do against it. Check it out
Aleksey Torokhtiy demonstrated an exercise to improve the Clean Turnover. Check it out
Catalystathletics demanded Stop Swinging The Bar Around The Knees and what you need to do to prevent it. Check it out
The BarBend published Lasha Talakhadze Sets Two World Records at the current Olympic Weightlifting European Championships 2021 in Moscow. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems listed 5 Tips Improve Your Clean, the start position, getting the bar past the knees, the importance of an active upper body, the correct front rack and optimizing the recovery. Check it out
The BoxRox listed
- 6 Amazing Benefits of Front Squats for All Athletes, what the Front Squat can do for you.
- Powerful Overhead Squat Workouts to Build Strength and Destroy Weaknesses, different workouts, the benefits and how to execute them.
Juggernaut Training Systems outlined the How, Why & When of the RDL. Check it out