Article recommendations week #12 2021
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #12 2021.
Strength Training Articles
Thibarmy asked How Much Exercise Variation Should You Use? What exercise variation is, and the pros and cons of exercise variation.
Breaking Muscle took a look at rest periods and challenged conventional wisdom on rest periods in the article Too Much Rest Or Not Enough?
Stack released The Athlete’s Guide to Choosing the Right Strength Coach, 4 considerations for determining whether your coach is right for you.
Men’s Health discussed The Difference Between Mobility and Flexibility, what the difference is and how it affects your training.
Calisthenicmovement demonstrated 22 Shoulder Exercises Ranked From Worst To Best. Check it out
Stronger By Science discussed Free Weights Vs Machines, the evergreen discussion of what you should use. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems discussed
- Do’s and Do Not’s of of Deload Weeks, the importance of deloads and the most important considerations explained in under a minute. Check it out
- The How, Why & When of doing Good Mornings. Check it out
Bodybuilding.com listed Top 8 Best Back Exercises for Building Muscle. Check it out
Inside Hook discussed
- The weightlifting rep-range rule is a myth — here’s how you should work out to build muscle and strength, and how to optimize your training.
- BFR (blood-flow restriction) training and how it can help in the article Is Mark Wahlberg’s Blood-Restriction Lifting Hack Actually Safe?
FitnessFAQs demonstrated what you can do if you only have a set of dumbells. Check it out
The Greatists asked Can’t Get to Sleep? Plug Into One of These Podcasts, podcasts all around the topic of sleep.
Renaissance Periodization discussed
- Different Training Frequencies for Different Muscles, why different muscle groups might need different training frequencies. Check it out
- Every Workout Must Be Heavy, busting a common myth of training heavy all the time Check it out
Men’s Health presented a service that delivers meals to your doorstep and prescribes the nutrition timing for best results in the article This Meal Prep Service Gives You Food, and Tells You How to Use It.
The PTDC outlined How To Build Packages As A Nutrition Coach, the benefits of packaging services, how packages can improve individualization, and how to navigate through delicate topics in nutrition coaching. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Juggernaut Training Systems listed 5 Tips to Improve the Snatch, discussing the start position, the transition and getting the bar past the knees, the upper body contribution, and coordinating the hand and feet.Check it out
Aleksey Torokthiy demonstrated How to determine your Split Jerk. Check it out
The Bar Bend shared Lasha Talakhadze Crushes Heaviest Snatch Ever Filmed, the recent Snatch of Talakhadze filmed in training. Check it out
Fitness Volt listed The 12 Best Squat Variations for Hypertrophy and Strength, the best Squat variations, how to execute them, and when to use them.
T-Nation shared a Tip: A New Way to Squat and Deadlift, how to changes your stance for Squats and Deadlifts.
Jeff Nippard outlined The Fastest Way To Blow Up Your Squat, 4 hacks to see your squat numbers move up quickly. Check it out
Elite FTS asked So You Think You Can Squat? Common Squat cues from start to finish of the squat. Check it out