The most interesting and valuable articles of week #12 2020.
With all the different safety measures due to the Coronaavirus and most gyms being closed, a lot of people have outlined home training ideas. I have dedicated an entire home training idea section at the end of this article.
Strength Training Articles
Picture Fit discussed Will You Lose Your Gains From Staying Home? What the science says about rates of deadaptation. Check it out
YLM Sports Science asked Resistance Training Volume: Less Is More For Muscle Hypertrophy & Strength Gains? Outlining a study that compared different training volumes on muscular hypertrophy and strength gains. Check out the infographic
The Bar Bend shared
- an interview with Eugen Loki: Blending Art and Fitness to Educate, Eugen Loki is the creator of the educational Instagram account pheasyque. Check it out
- Managing Strength Training Through Menopause, the physical changes that occur during the menopause and important training considerations.
- 3 Most Common Push-Up Mistakes, very common Push-Up mistakes and how to correct them.
- Lunge Guide | How To, Muscles Worked, Variations, and More, the technical execution of Lunges, the benefits, and different Lunge variations. Check out the additional video tutorial
- 3 Strategies Every Lifter Can Use to Stay Productive At Home, with the corona virus around people have to train at home, here are some strategies to implement. Check out how the newly crowned triple world champion Harrie Lavreysen keeps training at home
Elite FTS discussed
- The Slipperiest Slope in Fitness, an interesting read on knowing your place and not oversteppin your boundaries.
- 4 Ways to Get Stronger Without Adding Weight to the Bar, different strategies including increase in volume, increase in training density, and improved technique to add challenge.
Robertson Training Systems asked What is Physical Preparation? Discussing the subtle differences between Physical Preparation and Strength & Conditioning, or is it just a question of semantics? Check it out
Breaking Muscle discussed external and internal training load in the article Training Load: Find Your Right Volume.
Juggernaut Training discussed Hypertrophy and Sports Training, important considerations when intending to put on some extra muscle mass as an athlete. Check it out
Training Ground Guru gave an outline of BFR (blood flow restriction), what it is, how it works, and the benefits in the article Blood Flow Restriction: The ‘next big trend’ in training?
Renaissance Periodization explained The Use of Downsets, what downsets are, the purpose of downsets, and how to use downsets. Check it out
Bodybuilding.com listed 10 Reasons to Try Isometric Training, what isometric training is, and what it can do for you.
The Times Of India outlined how one of the best football clubs in the world has taken their training online due to the corona crisis in the article Bayern Munich take training online to reduce virus risk.
T-Nation shared a
- Tip: This Works as Well as Intermittent Fasting, the effects of so-called intermittent energy restriction.
- The importance of micro nutrients in the article If It Fits Your Micros?
The Beet asked Want to Bulk Up or Lean Down? How to Do Either on a Plant-Based Diet, cutting and bulking considerations for the plant-based diet.
Bodybuilding.com released Ask the Ripped Dude: Why Is Weight Loss So Hard? The main reasons why peoples’ weight loss stagnates.
Olympic Lifting Articles
Starting Strength released Power Clean Series Part 1 – Learning the Three Positions, outlining 3 key positions of this lift, hang position, rack position and what they call ‘jump position’. Check it out
Box Rox shared
- Snatch Accessory Exercises to Improve your Speed, Power and Movement, different Snatch accessory lifts and what they do for you.
- 5 Barbell Complexes to Improve Your Strength and Technique, using different exercise combinations, whilst some make more sense than others.
Aleksey Torokhtiy demonstrated My workout: Romanian Deadlift + Thruster, taking you through a workout based around the two lifts. Check it out
The 17-year old Jackson Powell Squats a massive 400 kg with impressive depth and ease. Check it out
Westside Barbell shared Louie’s Lesson – Tips to get a better squat! Discussing Box Squat safety, accessory exercises for the Squat, overcoming different sticking points, training waves and training intensities, and the importance of Belt Squats. Check it out
The Strength Athlete explained How to transition from conventional to sumo deadlift, the main differences between the two Deadlift variations, different considerations and tactics to transition from one variation to the other variation, and exercises to make the transition easier. Check it out
Home Training Ideas
Coronamania: At Home Training Ideas from Juggernaut Training Systems
Home Workout: How to Exercise Without a Gym or Weights! from Calisthenicmovement
How To Adjust Training & Diet For Coronavirus + At Home Workouts (No Equipment Needed!) from Jeff Nippard
Gym Still Closed – Strength Workout from Alan Thrall
Workout at home #1/7 / Snatch Technique / No Gym No Weights from Aleksey Torokhtiy
Workout at home #2/7 / Clean Technique / No Gym No Weights from Aleksey Torokhtiy