Article recommendations week #11 2021
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #11 2021.
Strength Training Articles
Insider.com listed 5 crucial mistakes people make when trying to build strength, according to the UK’s strongest man, from resting enough, or not enough, exercise selection, and copying the wrong program.
- Everything We Know About Rep Ranges is Wrong, discussing the latest research on rep ranges.
- The 10 Rules of Building an Athletic Body, simple, basic, and straightforward advice.
- One Dumbbell, Tons of Gains, 4 strength coaches share their workout ideas.
Shredded Sports Science outlined the pros and cons of Machines For Muscle Growth Discussed. Check it out
Fitness Volt discussed Floor Press Vs. Bench Press – Which One Should You Do? Discussing the technical execution, the muscular activation, and the pros and cons of each variation.
The Bar Bend demonstrated
- How World’s Strongest Man Oleksii Novikov Trains Before Competition, impressions of the world’s strongest man training. Check it out
- impressions from some of the most successful Crossfit competitors Noah Ohlsen and Kristin Holte Share Their Tips For Dominating Your Next Remote Competition. Check it out
Men’s Health demonstrated a Kettlebell progression in the article MVP Level Up: 5 Kettlebell Swing Progressions to Build Strength and Power.
Elite FTS listed
- 7 Washed-Up Meathead Tips, simple straightforward advice. Check it out
- the technical considerations on How To Do Farmer’s Walk. Check it out
- Calculating Strength for CrossFit – Are Your Weightlifting Ratios Strong Enough? How to calculate your lifts based on your Back Squat 1RM.
- The Best Functional Arm Exercises for CrossFit Athletes, the anatomy of the different muscles of the arm and how to train them.
Breaking Muscle outlined The Ultimate Isometric Exercise Guide, what isometrics are, and how to best use them.
Starting Strength explained Setting Up Your Rack for Pin Presses, and why additional safety is important. Check it out
The Observer looked at the best shoe for weightlifting, Crossfit, and regular gym-goers in the article Best gym trainers UK 2021: the best shoes for weight-lifting, HIIT training, CrossFit, or all-round fitness.
Renaissance Periodization shared
- You Must Train Assistance Lifts to Get Better at Core Lifts, busting the myth of using assistance lifts to improve the main lifts and best practices to improve the main lifts. Check it out
- Troubleshooting Lack of Progress, the reasons why you don’t make progress and what to do to make progress again. Check it out
Youth Strength Training Articles
Stack outlined how to get back into competition after Covid-19 in the article Returning to Youth Team Sports.
Breaking Muscle asked Does Protein Distribution Effect Muscle Mass? Discussing the factors influencing muscle gain, and does protein distribution matter.
Broscience released Dorian Yates Why He Quit Following His Plant-Based Diet, why he quit the plant-based diet. Also, check out this short video clip
Stronger By Science discussed High Fructose Diets And Metabolic Health, the results of a recent study explained. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization explained How to Break Through Fat Loss Plateaus, the reasons why you hit a plateau and an 8-step approach how to break through. Check it out
Plyometric Training Articles
Squat University explained Why You Should Do Box Jumps, the benefits of Box Jumps for strength athletes. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Catalyst Athletics outlined the Split Jerk Balance, how to improve the Split Jerk catch position. Check it out
BoxRox listed 10 AMRAP Front Squat Workouts to Build Muscle, Power and Strength, different workouts, and how to perform them.
Aleksey Torokhtiy outlined How To Build Strong Legs, a glimpse into Aleksey’s Leg Strength Training Program. Check it out
Squat University explained Why Some Squat Differently, and how the position of the feet affects squatting. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems explained
- the why, how, and when of the Deficit Deadlift in less than a minute. Check it out
- When you Should Wear Straps for the Deadlift, when to do it, and when not. Check it out