Article recommendations week #10 2021
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #10 2021.
Strength Training Articles
T-Nation listed The 10 Hidden Principles of Muscle Growth, some uncommon and not often mentioned considerations to foster your gains.
Broscience released tips from 6-time Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates Talks about The Best Way to Stimulate Muscle Growth, I always liked Dorian Yates’ common sense approach.
Jeremy Ethier discussed Why You’re Not Making Gains, common mistakes, how to avoid them, and what to do instead. Check it out
The Box Rox listed
- 6 Pull Up Bar Complexes to Explode your Strength and Skill, how to get started on your Pull-Up journey, and some advanced Pull-Up variations and complexes.
- 7 Essential Back Exercises to Build Strength, Muscle, and Power for Crossfitters, the anatomy of the different muscles that make up the back, and how to best train them.
- 5 Lower Body Unilateral Exercises to Explode Your Strength and Destroy Weaknesses, the benefits of unilateral movements, and which exercises to choose.
- the steps how to design a training program on How to Build Muscle: The 6 Day Split Program.
Elite FTS shared
- Who Vince Gironda Was and Why You Need to Know, one of the early bodybuilders, and how he has influenced bodybuilding.
- The Top 3 Exercises For Shoulders, how to use full ROM (range of motion) of the shoulders to have healthier shoulders. Check it out
Starting Strength explained Cues, Context, and Timing, a good piece on cues, how cues can develop over time, and the importance of having context for cues to work. Check it out
Stronger By Science asked How Accurate Is BMI? The BMI is a very simple and straightforward measure, here they discuss what it can do for you, and what not. Check it out
Squat University outlined a 10-Minute Stretch Routine. Check it out
Calisthenicmovement outlined the basics of Calisthenics and provided The Official Calisthenics Checklist. Check it out
Aleksey Torokhtiy demonstrated how to master the Reverse Nordic. Check it out
- How Every Athlete Can Become More Powerful for Sport, what powerful means, and how to best train to become more powerful.
- the difference between Confidence Vs. Talent, and how to foster confidence.
Breaking Muscle explained the benefits of Understanding Metabolic Damage And Adaptation, what metabolic damage is and how it can help you.
Renaissance Periodization shared
- Preventing and Managing Injuries, the 4 most common causes for injuries, and how to avoid them. Check it out
- You Must Train The Lifts Themselves to Get Better at Them, what is the claim behind this idea, is it really true, and what are the best practices. Check it out
- How to Break Through Size Plateaus, outlining 10 tips to break through your weight gain plateaus. Check it out
Coach Christian Thibaudeau ranted on V-Shred Must Be Stopped, I usually don’t like to share these kind of content (bashing others), but I do actually think Christian Thibaudeau’s points are correct. So let’s look more at the points he raises than focussing on bashing V-Shred. Check it out
- here is the video Christian Thibaudeau was referring to, and which brings a bit of light on the V-Shred discussion.
Youth Strength Training Articles
- the habits and character traits of successful youth athletes in the article Young Athletes Do This For Success.
- the reasons why youth athletes leave the sport and how to prevent it in the article Overcoming Premature Exits From Sports,
Breaking Muscle explained The Forgotten Role Of Micronutrients In Body Recomposition, what micronutrients are, and the role they play in the body recomposition process.
Medical News Today outlined What to know about fish oil benefits for bodybuilding, what fish oil is, and the benefits of fish oil, not only for bodybuilders.
Olympic Lifting Article
Aleksey Torokhtiy discussed Split vs Power Jerk, the differences between the two, and which one you should choose.
Catalyst Athletics outlined how to effectively Dropping Under Cleans, common challenges and what to do to improve the bar crashing down. Check it out
The BoxRox listed 5 Overhead Squat Workouts (and Training Tips) for CrossFit Athletes, the benefits of the Overhead Squat, the correct technical execution, and different workouts around overhead squatting.
- why the Squat is not the king of exercises and the challenges with the squat in the article Not the King of Exercises: Squats.
- a Tip: Master the Kang Squat, if you are anything like me, and wonder what the Kang Squat is, check out the article and this short explainer / demonstration video
Starting Strength explained Fixing Your Wrist Position in the Squat, the common mistakes and how to fix them. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems outlined Box Deadlift, how to do them, why to do them, and how to implement into your training program. Check it out
Barbell Shrugged demonstrated how to Improve Your Deadlift Start Position, the difference between the Deadlift start position and the Clean start position, how your sport history influences your movement preferences, and the technical key points. Check it out,