The most interesting and valuable articles of week #10 2020.
Strength Training Articles
Insider.com explained How often should you strength train to build muscle and avoid injury, a good outline of training frequency, exercise selection, and training methods.
- 4 Exercises Missing From Your Training Programming and Why You Need Them, the benefits of each exercise and how to perform it.
- 3 Reason Why Athletes Should Train Around Injuries, why athletes need to continue training even if they are injured.
Bodybuilding.com listed 6 Tips to Stay Fit as a Gamer, simple advice to become fitter and a better gamer. Check it out
- 10 Training Rules for Athletes, from exercise selection to nutritional advice and mentoring.
- 6 Stupid Exercises That Need to Die, and why you shouldn’t engage in these exercises.
Elite FTS outlined the benefits of barfoot movements in the article 4 Barefoot Movements You Should Be Doing.
The Strength Athlete demonstrated how to use Google Sheets for Trainers: custom formatting for RPE and %1RM. Check it out
Shape released The Complete Guide to Your Butt Muscles, outlining the anatomy of the glute muscles and how to train them.
The Bar Bend shared
- The Right Way to Prime Your Muscles for a Great Workout, what exercise primers are and how to use them.
- The Bodyweight Skull Crusher Is An Underutilized Tool for Building Strong Arms, what the Bodyweight Skull Crusher is, how to perform it, the benefits and different variations of this exercise.
- Bench Press Vs Push Up | Using Both for Strength, Hypertrophy, and Power, the differences between the two, muscular activation and how to use the different variations for different goals. Check it out
Military.com listed 5 Things to Never Quit, and 5 to Quit Now, simple things to live and train by.
Juggernaut Training Systems compared Shotput & Hammer Throw Training, how to train for the different disciplines, similarities and differences. Check it out
Youth Strength Training Articles
Inside Hook discussed When Should You Let Your Kids Start Lifting? 10 important considerations why kids should engage in strength training.
EO Performance asked Early Specialization – Why is youth sports still a mess?! Discussing the biggest problems youth sports is still facing.
Shrugged Collective explained How to Get Jacked Now: Nutrition, Volume, and Exercises to Build Muscle and Strength, nutritional strategies to gain weight and become stronger. Check it out
Plyometric Training Articles
Stack explained Why All Athletes Need Plyometrics, what Plyometrics are, and a plyometric exercise progression.
Olympic Lifting Articles
Fitness Volt released Snatch Exercise Guide: Muscles Worked, How-To, Common Mistakes and Variations, what the Snatch and the Power Snatch are, the technical phases, different exercise variations, and common mistakes and how to fix them.
- Push the Bar Back in the Jerk, the correct end position of the Jerk and important mechanical considerations. Check it out
- why you need to make contact with the thigh in the Snatch. Check it out
Aleksey Torokhtiy outlined The popular СrossFit exercise Thruster is an auxiliary exercise in Weightlifting and how to use the Thruster to Improve Weightlifting performance. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems compared Hip vs Thigh Contact in the Clean, which one is better and a biomechanical explanation of the ideal contact. Check it out
T-Nation shared a Tip: 60 Seconds to a Better Squat, a simple approach to enhance balance for a better Back Squat.
Livestrong explained The Optimal Squat Depth for Glute Gains, Explained, the ideal squat depth and the benefits of deep squats.
Starting Strength discussed The High Tech Shirt Problem in the Squat and the influence of different materials o maintaining the bar position. Check it out
The Box Rox outlined
- the benefits of Front Squats in the article Why All CrossFit Athletes Should be Doing More Front Squats, not only applicable for Crossfit athletes.
- How to Squat Properly: Bracing and Setup Technique, discussing common mistakes, movement and positioning, and the correct bracing sequence.
- 3 Squat Variations to Build Full Body Strength and Tackle Weaknesses, different squat variations and the purpose they serve.
Health.com explained How to Do a Romanian Deadlift, According to Trainers, outlining the benefits of the RDL (Romanian Deadlift), the technical execution, common mistakes and exercise variations and alternatives.