We have searched the web for the most valuable and interesting articles of week #50 2017
Strength Training Articles
Breaking Muscle shared The Ultimate Guide To Muscle Gain And Hypertrophy from the underlying physiology over training principles to factors influencing hypertrophy, gender and age differences and training recommendations.
Picture Fit discussed Mental Stress VS Gains how mental stress affects your gains and how you can deal and should deal with it, must check out if you want to improve
Starting Strength discussed the importance of a mental preparation, what it is, when it starts and how to train it, check it out
The Bar Bend shared
- Rack Pulls vs Rows – Which Is Best for Strength? the benefits of each lift, and variation of lifts on hypertrophy and strength.
- Glute Ham Raises – Muscles Worked, Exercise Demo, and Benefits the benefits of GHR for different sports and muscular activation.
Elite FTS discussed
- how to appropriately Integrating Weight Training with Rugby Units Skill Training which is not only applicable to the sport of Rugby, as always from Ashley Jones an in-depth and very practically applied article.
- Joe DeFranco’s Story on How He Got Triple H as a Client how to stay in it for the long game has helped Joe De Franco, check it out
Simplifaster outlined a data-driven approach to Return to Play For Concussions: How to Use Data to Determine Player Readiness
8 Weeks Out discussed a Recovery-Driven Life: The Intersection of Health & Fitness an interesting outline how to manage and monitor your recovery to improve your adaptations to training.
Juggernaut Training Systems listed very applied and useful Recovery Adaptive Strategies for athletes and how to combine the use of technology with practical apply knowledge to enhance the recovery process
Fitness & Power explained How to Design Your Nutrition Plan for Monstrous Muscle Mass outlining different experiments you can apply to foster your muscle growth.
Shredded By Science discussed Intermittent Macro Tracking, the Pros and Cons Of Intermittent Macro Tracking an alternative method to get a fairly good overview of your nutrient intake without tracking every day. Check it out
Power Training Articles
Back Squat and Front Squat Articles
Simplifaster explained How to Train Intensive Squatting for All Sports using different squat variations, cluster sets and velocity based training to optimize your squatting. Check out the example of a Cluster Set how we are using it, in this example as a part of a maximum strength training
Olympic Lifting Articles
How to warm-up for a world record? All Things Gym shared Lasha Talakhadze 0-220kg Snatch World Record Warm Up 2017 World Championships footage from the warm-up hall leading up to his crazy 220 kg Snatch, check it out and count the warm-up sets (you should get to 16)
T-Nation took a critical look at the Olympic Lifts in the article The Olympic Lifts Are Overrated the argumentation is correct, but the question, in my opinion, is not, whether you should do Olympic Lifts or not, the question to ask yourself should be, if you want to invest the time in learning the Olympic Lifts, because once you dominate them, the returns you get are worth the effort.
Breaking Muscle discussed the pre-requisites for Olympic Lifting and if Olympic Lifting is right for recreational athletes in the article Olympic Weightlifting And The Recreational Athlete
The Bar Bend discussed
- the Rack Pull as an assistance exercise for the Deadlift and the transfer of Rack Pulls to Deadlift performance in the article Rack Pulls – Muscles Worked, Exercise Demo, and Carryover to the Deadlift
- Deficit Deadlifts – Training Percentages and Carryover to Deadlift benefits of the Deficit Deadlift and training application.
Highlights of the Week
We saw some huge new PB’s from some of our young guns, check out BMX rider Koen van der Wijst Cleaning 157.5 kg
and Justin Kimman Cleaning 155 kg
Here comes another impressive PR 💪🏻 @justinkimmann cleans 155 kg 👊🏻 Big thumbs up 👍🏻 #strengthtraining #bmx #bmxracer #bmxracers #bmxracerider #bmxraceriders #bmxracing #bmxsupercross #roadtotokyo2020 #strengthandconditioning #strengthandconditioningcoach #strengthandconditioningcoachkrle #strengthandconditioningsg #StrengthAndConditioningTrainer #strengthtrainingprogram #derkraftmeister