We have searched the web for the most valuable and interesting articles of week #47 2017
Strength Training Articles
- A Fatal Mistake in Size Training discussing the optimal sequencing order of training cycles for muscular hypertrophy.
- a Tip: Inverted Rows – Drop Sets usually bodyweight exercises can be difficult to be overloaded, however, this creative variation can help to overload the movement, check it out
- a Tip: Movement Pattern Warm-Up: RDL, Lunge, Rotation how to incorporate three Fundamental Movements in one movement, check it out
Breaking Muscle explained
- how to Stay Injury Free While Training For Size an absolutely great and in-depth article on training principles, planning of training and exercise selection and exercise execution.
- Develop Your Handstand: The Importance Of Progression outlining the most important body parts for the Handstand and how to chose the appropriate training progressions
Elite FTS discussed
- Powerlifting — A Sport for Everyone? the pros and cons of Powerlifting for everyday people.
- how to develop a growth mindset, what you need to do it, and what questions to ask in the article Instilling A Growth Mindset if you are unfamiliar with the difference of growth mindset vs fixed mindset, check out the short explainer video
- Hard Work Versus Science In Powerlifting? the role of science in the past and now, check it out
8 Weeks Out cleared up All Pain, No Gain: Why the High-Intensity Training Obsession Has Failed Us All an in-depth article describing the importance of balancing training and recovery for optimal training gains.
Starting Strength published A Clarification on Strength and Force Production, what force production is and why it matters, check it out
Simplifaster discussed Sports Conditioning: Field and Court Applications for Coaches how to effectively develop energy systems and speed for sports.
The Bar Bend asked What’s the Difference Between Passive and Active Stretching? outlining the differences between active and passive stretching, as well as the benefits of both stretching methods.
Science For Sport outlined Acute:Chronic Workload Ratio a really good and in-depth article explaining what the A:C workload ratio is, how to calculate it and most important the practical applications of the A:C ratio.
Dr John Rusin shared The Legendary Full Body Primary Patterns Training Program a 3-day full-body workout based on the Fundamental Movements
Renaissance Periodization outlined The most common newbie mistakes in the big 3 and how to fix them simple, good and straightforward.
Barbell Shrugged discussed How To Become A Professional Strength Coach an interesting talk, check it out
Picture Fit asked HMB Supplements… Simply Not Worth It outlining the results of meta-analyses on this topic, check it out
Shredded by Science explained Alan Aragon’s Balanced Diet | Best Food Intake For A Balanced Diet | Long Term Fat Loss, what the Aragon’s Balanced diet is and the prescribed macro-nutrient distribution, check it out
Plyometric Training Articles
The Bar Bend followed up on last weeks article Jumping Lunges — Muscles Worked, Exercise Demo, and Benefits and discussed
- another 4 Benefits of Jumping Lunges from unilateral eccentric strength, over increased stability and kinesthetic awareness to higher movement velocities and quads, hamstring and glute activation.
- Jumping Lunge Alternatives what you can do, if you are unable to do Jumping Lunges.
- Tuck Jumps – Muscles Worked, Video Demo, and Exercise Benefits another plyometric jump variation explained in detail.
- 5 Benefits of Tuck Jumps from increased energy expenditure to better force absorption, increased athleticism and increased squat strength.