The most valuable and interesting articles in week #42 2018
Strength Training Articles
Elite FTS outlined
- Grow Your Gym with the Thank Up Strategy an interesting strategy using the principle of reciprocity, not only for gym owners.
- The Value of Accessory Work what accessory work is, and the purpose of accessory work.
- The Six Pillars of Excellence, who can possibly argue with the wealth of experience and knowledge from Ashley Jones, a great piece!
- More Technique Fixes for Athletes, a selection of the most common technical errors, how to fix them and how to effectively cue. Check it out
- How Can Coaches Elicit Greater Effort From Their Players? an outline how the Cleveland Cavaliers academy uses praise of effort and intensity to get more out of their players.
- why ‘Back-Off Sets’ Are Scientifically Proven to Build Muscle Faster the use of back-off sets for strength and size.
- how you can determine whether you train hard enough in the article Are You Training Hard Enough? Answer These 4 Questions to Find Out
- 3 Things S&C Coaches Should Require from Their Supervisors an interesting read, as an answer to a stricter legislation in the NCAA.
- the right questions to ask, to make sure training has a purpose in the article On Purpose: Asking the Right Questions to Deliver the Right Training
- Making the Sheiko System Fit in American Powerlifting, what the Sheiko is and an approach to adjust it to the American powerlifting culture.
Juggernaut Training Systems interviewed Aaron Thomas, who coached different athletes in Powerlifting, Bodybuilding and athletes from different sports, discussing his journey into strength and conditioning and his training philosophy. Check it out
Power Training Articles
The Bar Bend listed 7 Rotational Strength Exercises to Build Explosiveness, why you need rotational training, programming considerations and a variety of rotational exercises.
Elite FTS explained
- How to Control the Squat Bar, the importance of the decent for a good ascent. Check it out
- Box Squat technique fixes, discussing the hand position, feet position, movement mechanics for the Box Squat, common technical flaws and how to fix them. Check it out
T-Nation shared a Tip: Boost Your Deadlift with Macro and Micro-Sets, the use of cluster sets to gain strength in your deadlift.