The most valuable and interesting articles in week #35 2018
Strength Training Articles
Bayesian Bodybuilding published New science on the optimal training volume: extreme training for extreme gains? presenting some recent studies on training volume and hypertrophic effect and drawing conclusions for the training practice.
PictureFit listed 5 Beginner Gym Mistakes You Need to Avoid! simple, yet effective tips to follow for beginners. Check it out
- a Tip: Should You Max Out Today? questions to ask yourself, whether you should max out on a training day or not.
- a Tip: The Pros and Cons of Extreme Rep Ranges a good outline what you can expect from the different rep ranges
- 5 Reasons to Adopt an Athlete-Centered Model of Training, the benefits of putting the athlete into the center, athlete-centered, coaches-driven.
- 3 benefits of Olympic Lifts for collegiate athletes, from transfer to agility, to developing resilience and improved coordination in the article A Case for Training Olympic Lifts in College Athletics.
Eric Cressey outlined What Research Can Tell Us About “Super Champion” Athletes the way they think and act, the role of coaches and parents and their unique character traits.
Elite FTS shared
- 5 Ways to Improve Training Efficiency different ways to train, even on busy days.
- Dave Tate’s Thoughts on Mark Rippetoe and the Fitness Industry, check it out
Tony Gentilcore explained Why Introducing New Exercises Can Derail Progress And What To Do About It why variation in choosing new and different exercises isn’t necessary and how you can add variety to your training without changing the exercises.
Jeff Nippard asked
- What Are The Best Exercises for Muscle and Strength? an outline on how to select the best exercises for each muscle group, the use of compound movements and the application of isolation exercises. Check it out
- Should You Train & Diet For Your Bodytype? (Ectomorph, Endomorph, Mesomorph) where the different somatypes came from, and the science of different training and nutritional interventions based on somatotypes. Check it out
Youth Strength Training Articles
Plyometric Training Articles
Bodybuilding.com outlined Don’t Start Your Leg Workout with Squats, I would argue, this approach only holds true for bodybuilding, as explained in the video. However, an interesting thought process, check it out
Starting Strength shared Fixing the Squat Grip, the starting strength way of holding the bar, grip-width, elbow and wrist position. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Juggernaut Training Systems shared Jerk Pillar #4 | The Split, the foot position, weight distribution, shin angle, stance-width, common flaws and how to correct them. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems shared Addressing Weak Points | Deadlift | Off the Floor, the difficulties lifting off the ground in the conventional deadlift and sumo deadlift, and the deadlift variations, that can help the strength off the floor. Check it out