We have searched the web for the most valuable and interesting articles of week #13 2017
Strength Training Articles
The Bar Bend discussed Split Squat vs Lunge vs Step Up — What Are the Differences? defining the differences and explaining the practical application for the strength training program.
Complementary Training explained
- Concurrent Strategies in Strength Training – Part 1 a solid piece on rep schemes and different efforts for maximal strength development, hypertrophy, power and strength endurance.
- Concurrent Strategies in Strength Training – Part 2 looking at different exercise classifications.
Breaking Muscle outlined
- the history of splits and the application of splits in their article Common Sense Splits For Strength And Size
- some useful variations for your strength training program 4 Practical Templates To Simplify Workout Design
Inspired by Steven Covey’s The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People By Stephen R. Covey EliteFTS shared 7 Habits of Highly Effective Lifters a great read!
Speed Training Articles
Robertson Training Systems shared 4 More Highly Effective Tips For Top Speed Training outlining the role of different strength qualities for speed development.
Plyometric Training Articles
Stack outlined An 8-Week Training Program for a Higher Vertical Jump combining a strength training program and a plyometric training program for maximum results.
Complementary Training shared Plyometric Progression with Coach Wilmot | Part 8 the continuation of contrast training to elicit PAP (post activation potentiation), working on the transferring the lateral impulse, check out the video
If you missed part 1, check out here
If you missed part 2, check out here
If you missed part 3, check it out here
If you missed part 4, check it out here
If you missed part 5, check it out here
If you missed part 6, check it out here
If you missed part 7, check it out here
Men’s Health demonstrated 2 Deadlift Variations That Are Safer For Your Back some good variations, if you want to unload the lower back.
Back Squat, Front Squat, and Overhead Squat Articles
The Barbell Physio explained Individual Differences In Squat Performance – Part I Mobility how squat technique and squat style are individual depending on different levels of mobility.
The Bar Bend discussed
- Zercher Squat vs Goblet Squat: Which One Is Right for You? looking at the differences between the two squat variation and criteria when to use which of the two squat variations.
- Jefferson Squat – The Ultimate Guide an in-depth explanation of this not so common squat variation, when to do it, how to do it and why to do it.
Power Clean, Power Snatch, and Olympic Lifting Articles
Juggernaut Training Systems Beginners Guide to Snatching with Meg Squats, check out the tutorial
Highlight of the week
We had a few new PB’s this week. Check out
Shanne Braspennincx cleaning 90 kg